Sunday, June 22, 2008

"Spring Showcase 2008" Dance Recital




The girls' recital was over a week ago & I still haven't posted any photos from the show. I realized that it has been well over a month since I have added any new items to the blog, which can only mean one thing -- I am too busy to sit at my computer! 

We are working on a patio project, we have grandparents "out west" for three weeks, and we are getting ready to go to Washington state for the Fourth of July holiday. Those are just a few of the things that are going on. I guess it has just become a lower priority to update you on the goings-on with our family with soooo much other stuff going on.

There were two different shows for the spring recital, and the girls got to perform in both shows.  I am sharing one photo from each of the girls' tap numbers. Millie's class was made up of girls ranging in age from 8-14. They performed a patriotic number that was sort of a disco-type version of "Yankee Doodle Dandy." We began referring to their group as "The Doodles." They were so cute, and they did a fantastic job!


Liesey's tap class was small, but mighty. She was so happy that she got to take a "homeschool" tap class this year. The best part was that she got to be in class with two of her very good friends. All three of these girls have been taking ballet for many years, so they were able to fly through learning the steps & progress at a much faster pace than a normal class would have been able to. They brought the house down with their "swinging" routine...:-)





Liesey was also in a Christian dance "performance" & a classical ballet piece. We are proud of BOTH of our dancers. The l-o-n-g hours at the dance studio have really paid off.


I helped out during the first performance by being responsible for three adorable "sparrows" in purple tutus. I spent time backstage with the trio of six-year-olds, helping to keep them entertained when they were not on stage. We drew pictures, played tic-tac-toe, & talked about EVERYTHING. One of the conversations was about our favorite veggies. This one little girl told me that her favorite vegetable was green, and she wanted me to guess what it was. It wasn't broccoli, brussels sprout, cabbage, spinach, peas, green beans, or green peppers. I was stumped, so I inquired as to what letter this green veggie began with. She said, "It begins with the letter R." Now I was really baffled. I couldn't think of a single vegetable that is green & begins with an "R."  I finally gave up... She smiled a toothless grin & said, "How can you not know that it is R-tichokes?!" DUH!!!! Silly me...