Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's a Small World...






The happiest (and most crowded) place on earth!



One or two other people had the same idea we did. It truly was a perfect day to visit Mickey.


Space Mountain is always a favorite, even with a 75 minute wait. Notice that I am NOT in any of the photos? I don't do coasters. I really don't mind waiting as the rest o' the family rides all of the up and down rides, as I get to talk to interesting folks as I wait. I met up with several TX people, which I am sure was "pure coincidence." ;-) I'm certain that God knew that I needed a word, or two, or three... of encouragement as we make this big move, so I enjoyed every minute that I waited.



What time is it anyway? Obviously it's still Christmastime.


We're seeing a little hint of what's to come -- Texas!
Is it really a small world after all?


Ooooh! Ahhhh!




Road trippin'!


The park reached its capacity (75,000-80,000 or more...) sometime in the early afternoon. It felt a little too cozy when we first arrived at 10 AM, and it only got cozier. Thankfully, it was a friendly crowd. I actually saw someone I know from Roseville, but they were in the opposite line for Pirates of the Caribbean, and I couldn't get their attention. Okay, so there's that "small world" thing again.


Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Disney magic!

The Smithlings and I barely squeezed our cheeks into this teacup. Either we are getting bigger, or the teacups are getting smaller. Hmmmm. (Mr. Smith waited on the sidelines, as he cannot stomach the round and round rides. See, opposites DO attract!)


Sleepy smiles


Despite the fact that Mr. Smith and I have trained our children to not but their elbows on the dinner table, Millie simply couldn't refrain from putting her head and both elbows down on the restaurant table so she could catch a few winks before her food arrived. It looked like a good plan, but the rest of us managed to stay awake through the meal as we practiced good table manners. (It probably would have been a good idea to have eaten dinner before 9 PM... Right?!)
It was an A-okay day! A red (and white) letter day?
Well, it was better than that -- it was a perfect day! This little side trip was exactly what we needed to make the move from CA to TX a little more bearable. Next stop: AZ