Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Here, Kitty Kitty!

Apparently there is a Scottish superstition that says, "A strange black cat on your porch brings prosperity."

If this superstition is true, then I'm rich! This adorable black kitty wasn't on my porch, it was inside my house, so I am sure I get extra bonus points for that.



Oh, but isn't there yet another superstition that mentions something about having a black cat cross your path that is supposed to bring bad luck? Now I'm really confused.

The confusion has been cleared, and I can attest that the whole notion of bad luck and black cats being linked is merely a myth. This beautiful black cat crossed my path, and I am blessed indeed!  As for that Scottish belief about black cats, we'll wait and see how that prosperity part works out.  

> ^. .^ < 
I love it when our youngest Smithling does something unexpected, silly, and creative -- which is pretty much all of the time. On this purr-ticular afternoon, Millie wanted to try to copy the makeup from her favorite "CATS" character; however, she soon learned that my makeup drawer offered a rather limited supply of theatrical makeup. None, actually. She improvised with eye liner and eye shadow to create her fantastic feline face.

The Glamour Puss

"A thing of beauty, strength, and grace lies behind that whiskered face."

"Cats are so unpredictable. You just never know how they'll ignore you next."


So now you know what goes on at our house when the temps hit the century mark, and it's too hot to play outdoors. I think I'd better go buy some more makeup.