Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Vacation: Fun Flies When You're Having Time

Our visit to Indiana certainly did go by much too quickly. While in the Hoosier State, we celebrated with newlyweds, one of us turned another year older, we cleaned and organized "stuff," we visited with  relatives and friends, and we even shot off a few fireworks. Oh, and I've got the pictures to prove it!


Wedded Bliss: Mr. and Mrs. Young's wedding reception was at McCormick's Creek State Park on June 25th.  My niece and her new hubby make a handsome pair.

Lovely!

The new Mrs. gets kisses from her grandpa.

The Happy Newlyweds 


 RJ, UJ and the 3 Smithlings


 Here are a couple of not-so-newlyweds... :-)


My daddy danced with his girls -- well, most of 'em, any way. We were missing the bride and Molly.


 Another Kodak Moment



Birthdaze:  My b-day and our 282nd monthiversary were on June 27th. Both events are worthy of a celebration, but combining them is even better!

I started out my birthday by grabbing a shower. It was no big deal -- business as usual; however, as I exited the bathroom, I saw something very unusual. All of my relatives were waiting for me to join them in a feast of birthday doughnuts... AND they all were donning bath towel turbans, just like I was! Let's get this party started! This might be one of those "you-had-to-be-there" moments, but I thought it was very funny! It definitely was a great way to start the day.


See, doughnuts are not just for eating.


The "Birds" had fun picking out "black" fruit for my 49th birthday celebration.  I'm not over the hill yet, but I'm getting closer, I suppose. I liked their fruity idea better than being given black roses or black balloons. What good taste...

While Liesey enjoyed a snuggle with the best granddad she's ever had, I was able to capture this photo without the two of them even knowing I was there.



Mama's got a brand new bag. 
My mister gave me a beautiful Mary Frances handbag that is quite a work of art. He picked this gift out all by his big boy self, and I love it! My new bag has turquoise, yellow jasper, and other semi-precious gemstone beading. Snazzy, indeed!


Beautiful Birthday Bouquet

After we returned to TX, I took a photo of all of my b-day loot.  In addition to the aforementioned bejeweled bag, I received many nice cards, original Millie artwork, very artsy champagne flutes, a Nordie$ gift card, and Roman glass jewelry. Spoilage, indeed! And how could I forgot about that million dollar bill that was in one of my cards?


Feeling Friendly: We met our friends Todd and Becky in Indy for dinner. Although we may have opted for lighter fare, we indulged liberally in conversation and laughter -- and Starbucks coffee!

Oh, I'd definitely pick Becky as a friend again... We've known one another since junior high, and that's a l-o-n-g time. It appears that we are behaving like silly middle school-aged kids in this photo. Love it!!!



Odds & Ends: Mostly odd.

Nope. No evil.
Boys are silly. 'Nuf said.

Wigged out?

Oh, My! This entry has gotten to be tooo long, so I will wrap it up for now.  Stay tuned for Vacation: Part 2/More Hoosier Fun -- or perhaps it should be entitled More Bang for Your Buck. :-)