Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Two-hundred ninety-one

On the 27th day of each and every month, Mr. Smith and I celebrate our monthiversary. Isn't that romantic? It's the 27th of March, which means this is our 291st month of wedded bliss. 

24x12+3=291  
That's years married x # of months/year + months since our recent anniversary. 

Since we'll be celebrating our 25th anniversary (or 300th monthiversary) in December 2012, which is nine months away, we can also do the math by subtracting.

300 - 9 = 291 
Got it?!!

You'd better believe that we're counting. And I'm certainly counting on having many, many more monthly celebrations. This marriage stuff is fun!

My mister had to leave for work dark (not bright) and early, so I was barely awake this morning when he kissed me goodbye and wished me a happy 291. Mr. S. and I haven't been able to talk very much today, and I'm feeling a bit deprived from not getting to use all of my daily allotment of 20,000 words. :-(  

I received the normal lunchtime phone call from my husband, and at dinner tonight we had lively family conversation as all five of us sat around the dinner table. No romantic monthiversary dinner for two... Looks like the two of us will have to take a walk later (sans Smithlings) to get to spend time catching up. In all the years I've known Smitty, we have NEVER run out of things to yack about.

The cartoon below definitely does not apply to us, but it makes me laugh.

I cannot imagine being at a loss for words when it comes to spending time with Mr. Smith. I guess I've got too much to say. It's a good thing he's a good listener.


Monthiversary mushiness aside, today also happens to be Bart and Jemima's 9th birthday. Meowie Birthday to mew, Smith Kitties!

Miss Millie found a cat age conversion chart and determined that the two birthday celebrants would be the equivalent of age 52 if they were human. That means that they have caught up with their master, well, sort of... Mr. Smith is turning 53 in a week. 

No, I didn't bake B&J a salmon cake, nor did I put a candle in their morning ration of Fancy Feast. They each got a pat on the noggin' as I placed their smelly canned food in the usual spot. No fanfare. No crystal serving pieces. No silver. No "Happy Birthday" song. Oh! I did scoop their poopy litter this morning, so I suppose that is my gift to the dynamic duo. Purrfect!

We gave the Coon cats baths a few days ago. (That was the real birthday gift!) They are fluffy and good smellin' now, which I'm sure means a lot to them. Our cats really do not mind getting wet and sudsy; they just don't really care all that much for the drying/brushing part. The blow dryer noise and blowing doesn't faze them, but they don't like the fact that they have to lick and groom themselves after our involvement is over. They haven't told me that, but as soon as we have them all dry, they lick every inch of their fluffy bodies, often times grooming each other, until every strand of fur is right where they want it to be. It's a long process. But the end result is well worth it, as they look show-worthy indeed. And best of all, they smell clean.



The new kitty shampoo smells incredible! And it looks strangely similar to the stuff we use. I just hope no humans in our household mistakenly use Bartholomew and Jemima's skin soothing shampoo... Passion fruit-scented fur is purrtastic indeed. Passion fruit? For cats? Really?!!! If cats could choose what they wanted to smell like, what scent do you think they'd prefer? Cat nip? Tuna? Dead vermin? Eau de litter box? I seriously doubt that passion fruit would be high on their list of choices. 

So here's something to ponder: TIGI makes it very clear that they do not test their Bed Head products (for humans) on animals; however, I wonder if Pet Head allows animal testing. Hmmmm... 

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm finally heading out for that walk with my monthiversary man. Oh, I've got at least 5,000 words left in me, and you can bet that scented kitty shampoo, as a-mew-sing as it may be, will definitely NOT be on my list of talking points. ;-)