Friday, November 30, 2012

November in a Nutshell

The events of November can best be summed up through pictures -- especially since I don't seem to have enough time to sit and write. Here goes:
Our newly registered voter was excited about getting involved in the democratic process.

 Making music

Millie Girl went cruisin' through the 'hood with Grandpa.


We're all lit up!


 Hello, cello!
As a requirement for one of her college classes, Liesey had to act upon a dream. She rented a cello and learned how to play it by the end of the semester.  We were treated to a mini concert of Christmas songs.


A Millie 'do
I love having my tresses messed with, especially when the end results are so lovely!

 History project
Looks like an "A" to me.

"Scandalous" tour


On an 80 degree, late November afternoon, my buddy Claire took me to the woods to gather twigs and berries for our Thanksgiving table decor. Along the way, she stopped to show me her deer blind and campsite. She also showed me several coyote carcasses in varying degrees of decomposition. Fun! (No pics of coyote bones...) Who knew that such a wonderland lies on the other side of our fence?!