Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The brown, brown grass of home?


This past weekend, my favorite lawn boys worked through the rain showers and occasional lightning strikes to accomplish their goal. Thankfully, since I am still doing things one-handed, I was excused from helping with the shoveling and raking. However, it was my job to make sure my workers were hydrated and well-nourished. That's something I can do with one arm tied behind my back -- or in a sling, or whatever.

First of all, the guys scalped the Bermuda grass and bagged the clippings. Next, they aerated the heck outta the lawn. The final step involved spreading 7-ish cu. yards of a sand/soil mixture all over the yard to level things out. Oh, and there was that 100' long drain line that got installed, in the midst of it all. (Thank you, Muscles!) I think the trio worked for nearly ten hours, but they were still smiling after a full day.



I'm sure that the neighbors were wondering what in the world we were up to, as our lawn turned into a brownish muddy mess. Hopefully, within a few weeks, we will begin seeing things green up.

Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?!!! I don't think there will be any threat of us winning the HOA's "Yard of the Month" award for March... :-P  Look out, April just might be another story.