Sunday, June 30, 2013

This 'n' That

I pretty much have a hodgepodge of pictures from the remainder of the month of June -- there's just been a lot going on this summer, so bear with me as I try to share the rest of the month's goings-on in one fell swoop. :-)

Games people play:
We enjoy playing all kinds of games at the Smith Haus, but this one takes the cake. "Hedbanz" is a "What am I?" guessing game for kids ages 7 and up, but that's okay. It's funny! And we're all BIG kids. Players ask questions to figure out what their card says. Things get silly pretty quickly.




Suffice it to say that there are usually tears along with the laughter when we play this one. 

Time to get cracking:
 
Our most "eggcellent" neighbor girlie, Miss Claire, has pet chickens. Lots of 'em. Never mind that little paragraph in the CC&Rs that prohibits chickens from being kept in our neighborhood. Chickens? What chickens? She also has fresh, organic eggs. Lots of 'em! And she's a good neighbor to share with me -- eggs, not chickens! If I ever need to borrow an egg, I know which neighbor to ask. I don't anticipate ever needing to borrow a chicken.

Claire came over one day to introduce me to the hen that she had named after me. I didn't know if I should be flattered or insulted. It was intended as a compliment. A week or so later, she informed me that the hen that bore my name turned out to be a rooster, and that she had to get rid of him. The poor thing was probably confused by his girly moniker; however, she could have dropped the "e" from his name and set things straight for the fowl one. Oh, well...


"Queenie Poo" is her new name:
My ballerina girl has been sidelined by an injury for six months. It's been a royal pain... Thankfully, she is healing and has permission to start dancing again. Yay! 

I did not purchase tickets for the June ballet performance that she was not supposed to be dancing in. At the last minute, she was asked to play the part of a queen in Swan Lake, as it was a non-dancing role. This is the first time I have missed seeing her perform, as all shows were sold out by the time I learned she was crowned as queen. My dancer will be back "on her toes" for Nutcracker season, so I'll be sure to get my tickets early.

June Birthdaze:
We celebrated with our family friend, Stephen, for his 20th b-day on the 20th of June. This was his "golden" birthday, I suppose! Dinner, cake, and The Man of Steel made for a happy day.



One week later, it was MY turn!
We had excellent Italian fare at Brio in Southlake.
Liesey made a German Chocolate Cake  for the occasion -- Deliciousness!
Thankfully, there were NOT 51 candles to extinguish;
however, there were plenty of presents to unwrap!


Having a ball:
  
Our group of eighteen fans attended the Rangers game on June 28th. Practically everyone in "our" group wore Rangers garb. Liesey donned her Mitch Moreland jersey, of course, but she also wore "my" red/white/blue birthday boots -- perfect "ranch dressing" or Ranger attire. 
I just love the sounds of baseball. There's nothing like hearing the crack of the bat -- literally! And it's pretty cool that I was able to capture this picture of Beltre's busted bat from so far up in the ballpark.

Yes, the Rangers won!