Tuesday, July 23, 2013

BFFers

Part of our youngest daughter's summer vacation was spent visiting her long-time bestie. These two Cali gals have been best buddies since they were two-year-olds.

After a quick search in the photo archives, I was unable to locate the photo I was hoping to find. I have an absolute gem from one of Millie and Sydney's first meetings. They were soooo teeny, and they appear somewhat unimpressed/unaware of each other's existence. It's hilarious! 
(I will keep looking.) 

My search through the old photos was not in vain, as I managed to find this precious snapshot of the two friends when they were about six. Princesses indeed.
It appears that these two are joined at the hip.

They have always had fun hanging out with one another. These two are a LOT alike, yet they are still both have distinctly unique personalities. It's just so easy for them to spend time together -- most of the time doing absolutely nothing. Definitely BFF material!



I'm just not sure which one is the cookie and which one is the milk. 

I can only imagine that this summertime visit was a seventeen day slumber party -- with precious little slumbering.

At the risk of getting into serious trouble when Daughter #2 realizes what pictures I used for this entry, I am going to share a photo that was sent to me via a text message from my girlie. It really made me chuckle -- a lot!

In the wee hours of the morning, these two were inspired to do one another's makeup, blindfolded. And this is the result:
 This pretty much sums up their friendship -- non-stop fun!
So true...


 During a Facetime call, I screenshot this image of the two friends. Pure joy!

Syd's mom texted me the next two photos along with an eyewitness account of the airport events. I felt as if I was there.
Although these two are still smiling for the camera, the tears were beginning to well up as they made their way to the airport. 

All good things must come to an end.

A lachrymose farewell at Sacramento International reportedly caused an innocent bystander to get teary-eyed, too. These girls are so blessed to have such a wonderful friendship.

Of course, plans for the 2014 BFF reunion are already being discussed, planned, and negotiated with the respective parents. I understand it will involve our girl traveling to California for a couple of weeks, then both girls traveling back to Texas for a couple of weeks. Or perhaps it's the other way around. Whatever the direction, we'd better start saving our pennies now.