Monday, October 27, 2008

250

Today marks our 250th monthiversary. (I won't break it down into how many days of wedded bliss that represents. Suffice it to say, it's a long time! And it has been a BLAST!) Two hundred and fifty months represents a bit of a milestone, but I doubt if there will be any big celebration, especially since we are hosting the boys' high school Bible study at our home tonight. Oh, well.

It has been a lot of fun to commemorate our "monthiversaries" over the years. I am so thankful that our dear friend Karl coined the term for us back during our first year of marriage. He thought it was "sweet" that Mr. Smith and I celebrated each month of marriage, so he said something about it being a "monthly anniversary" kind of a thing, and then that morphed into one word, "monthiversary." From that new term we had our inspiration to keep the counting going. I believe that we have only missed celebrating one month, so that's not a bad track record.

I could take the time to write out 250 things I appreciate about my beloved, or some other mushy kind of a list, but I'll cease with my ++++++++++++++++++++++++ typing1111111 for now. YIKES! These additional keystrok+es are compliments of Jemima. Our kitty girl is sleepily lounging next to the computer, and she occasionally........... hit+s a key with her7777 incredibly large paw. It is too hard to type with her being on the keyboard, and I cannot bear to remove her from such a comfy location. CATS! +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ (You can tell her key of choice is the plus sign. She is+ such a positive influence, or should that be PAWSitive? HA!)