Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Duchess Reigns

This is not a pretty picture.
Thankfully "our" Duchess looks NOTHING like the illustration from Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
Liesey's noggin is a normal size, & she's pretty;
however, she's got royal 'tude...
(The attitude was only for the photo shoot. No drama is allowed in real life.)


Placer Theatre Ballet had a publicity photo shoot today for Alice in Wonderland, and I was able to take some photos of my girl in her costume. I'll only share this one. She looks lovely -- nothing like the hideous character that Carroll imagined. Whew!

Three of Liesey's friends (L to R: Kyla, Chloe, & Anya) posed in this photo as Tweedle Dum, Alice, and Tweedle Dee.

I hope to get some photos of our ballerina girl in her Fairy costume. She gets to wear a beautiful flowing dress complete with colorful wings. I do not recall that Alice meets up with any fairies in the original version of the story.
Ah, but this is a ballet and it is a FAIRY tale. :-)

Stay tuned for more photos. You know how I love pictures!!!