Saturday, June 20, 2009

Raleigh Court's Got Talent

Sydney & Millie planned a neighborhood talent show for Friday, June 19th. It was a BIG success, despite the sweltering heat. There was a matinee performance at 1 p.m., which was more of a dress rehearsal for the 7 p.m. show. There were about 30 people present at the evening production, with 11 of the 15 Raleigh Court households being represented. What a great turnout! We are blessed by living in such a great neighborhood -- and who knew we had so many gifted people on one street!

Emcee Sydney greeted the audience by saying," Welcome to the 2nd Annual Raleigh Court Talent Show! From dancing to pure music artistry, we have much in store for you. The acts will be performed by your friends on the court."

I loved her introduction! Priceless!

Millie added that there would be dessert following the performance. The girls saved the yummiest talent for last -- brownies, pie, and other goodies added a tasty finish to a GREAT evening.

You won't see me in the slideshow -- I was snapping pics with my new Canon. My new camera is a Rebel XSi, and it's an early b-day present. It takes great photos, but I have a lot of learning to do. I did play my flute for my entry. Jericho & Cody (two canine residents of the court) one-upped me by howling & barking as I played. Wow. I didn't think my playing was THAT bad! HA!

"Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show..."