Thursday, July 2, 2009

OK Tour

It was 105 degrees when we landed in Tulsa. Now that's HOT! Despite the heat, we enjoyed a laid back visit in Enid, Oklahoma. (Enid = dinE backwards. Dine we did.) We also visited with family & friends, drank lots of water to keep cool, & we ate a little pie -- every day.

In honor of our visit, my dear mother-in-law made:
2 coconut creme pies
2 blueberry pies
1 peanut butter pie
2 blackberry pies

There was no shortage of dessert, and no, we didn't eat all of the pie during our four-day visit. We gave it our best shot... :-) Sorry, no photos of Mrs. Smith's pie buffet. Trust me, they were beautiful & tasty.

I'm sure that this lawn chair has seen many hot, humid summers. And I am sure that a few folks have even been served pie as they were seated in this chair. I really liked this photo, so I had to share it...


Grandma Florence is surrounded!

G-ma & Liesey


On Sunday afternoon, we took a drive to Lahoma to the Krueger family farm to visit with the Okie-cousins.
Look out! That's Millie behind the wheel!


The Smithlings' 2nd cousins Suzanna, Rebecca, Weston, and Maverick have all grown so much since we last saw them last year. You know me... I just had to get a group photo. It was rather difficult getting everyone to hold still long enough to take this picture, but I finally did it!


Mr. Smith got to see his ol' buddy Steve. They are being silly here. "Suck/tuck." Don't ask.


After we left Enid, we spent one night in T-town. Nathan, M., & Liesey went to see the Transformers movie at the Imax theatre, while Mr. Smith, Millie, and I did a little shopping. We then ate at Zio's. YUM!!!

Our road trip from Tulsa to Indiana began on the morning of July 1st. No, we didn't stop at the "World's Largest McDonald's" affectionately known within our fam. as McWeeWee, but I had to snap a photo as we approached this turnpike treasure.


After a stop in Joplin, MO, to purchase lots of "really-cool-aerial-fireworks-that-you-cannot-buy-in-California," we met up with UJ as he was driving from AZ to IN. The Smithlings all decided to ride with their uncle, so Mr. Smith & I enjoyed uninterrupted conversation for hours on end as we drove across Missouri, Illinois, and Indiana. We didn't listen to the radio at all. We just enjoyed 440 miles of talk.