Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We've been framed!

Well, partially framed... Work on framing the "Smith Haus" began yesterday and will continue for several days. The word from our builder is that the structure should have shingles by late next week. I'm thinking Extreme Makeover Home Edition. ;-)

The Smithlings and I stopped by the construction site at 5:30 in the evening and found eight carpenters still busily working on our house. We were surprised at how much they had accomplished in one day. Not only did we get to watch the workmen, we met another new neighbor, so it was a fruitful visit. I am not sure that we will be making daily visits to "our" house, but there seems to be a lot going on right now. We don't want to miss out on anything exciting.

We just HAD to share the latest developments with Mr. Smith. The kids thought that their dad needed to see things in person, even if there wasn't any daylight left. We grabbed a couple of flashlights and the camera (of course!) and returned to the scene of the building project.


Liesey is positioned at the front door ready to receive visitors.

Our resident engineer and his apprentice carefully inspect the craftsmanship. Nerds! (Thankfully, my boys are not sporting pocket protectors.)

Millie's room seems to have a few obstacles in the way.

I have received a comment, or two, or three, that I am never in any of the photos, so here I am! I guess I prefer to be on the backside of the camera. Here I am posing in the wine grotto, which will somewhat resemble a jail cell once the wrought iron is installed on the window and door.

Sticks!

Our ballerina girl is always looking for places to dance. Construction sites work just fine. The Everest Road pavement and the glow of the streetlamp provided the perfect conditions for shadow ballet.