Friday, October 8, 2010

TX House Update

I have been asked (repeatedly!) to share some photos of the new Smith Haus. Sorry for the delay. It's just taken a while to get these images developed. I have been in the digital darkroom diligently downloading, and it's now time to share.

There are not pictures of every single room, so the tour will not be complete. Perhaps you will have to come for an actual visit (instead of a virtual one) to see all of our square feet. ;-) Wait! My feet are not square.

We have lived at the new address for three months & have managed to paint every wall, have shutters installed in several rooms (Phase 2 of the shutter project is slated for 2011.), and hang some artwork. It is beginning to feel like home more each day.

I have captured a few of my "mostest" favorite details, so I hope you enjoy the tour.



Here's a sphere.

I'm thinking that painting this to look like a globe would be pretty cool. Not really! We have three big "bowling balls" on brick pedestals on the front side of the house, and I could not resist capturing one in B&W.


We have quite a bit of wrought iron work in the house. This photo was taken in the wine grotto, which could also double as a jail cell. For some strange reason, I think of the phrase, "What hath God wrought?" when I see wrought iron. I know, I know -- bad puns abound.


This is a dining room chandelier tear.


Back splash detail


Foyer chandelier
(Yes, I actually had to lie on the floor so I could get this image.)


Our kitchen cabinetry has pullouts that are really spice racks disguised as support corbels. Sometimes I forget where the dried oregano is hiding.


Shutters -- up close & personal



You have patiently waited as I shared some of the little details of the house. I will FINALLY share the bigger/whole picture. We are s-l-o-w-l-y moving from micro to macro views.


We chose the double Maine Coon option as a decorative feature for our master bedroom. It's good to have stuffed animals around to add that warm & fuzzy feel. All of that cat fur adds a "lived-in" quality to the new house.



The guest room has a Cal King bed ready & waiting for visitors. Hint! Hint!



The Master Bedroom


The Master Bathroom

Mud Room
(I don't see any mud.)


This could possibly be my favorite room in the whole house. Despite the fact is is called the Dining Room, we have yet to actually eat ANYTHING in this room. I know, that's pretty pathetic.


Here's another view of the non-dining Dining Room...


...and another!
The girls' rooms are through the arched doorway. Liesey's is to the left, and Millie's is to the right.

The Family Room has an enormous fireplace that we hope to use this fall/winter. We have another fireplace outside on the covered patio that you can see through the Family Room windows. (Click on the photo to make it larger so you can see the inside & the outside.)

I decided to add one more photo of the patio -- it is easier to see this one than the "through the window" shot.

The Kitchen is my favorite room in the house. The Dining Room just got demoted to second favorite, but it's a close second. Oddly enough, we dine in this room every night, but it's not a Dining Room.




I didn't even make it upstairs with the camera for this tour. The gameroom, bathroom, & the 18-year-old's bed room will have to wait for another blog entry. My son's bed probably isn't made, any way.



The parting shot is the view of the Smith Haus from the court -- all three spheres/globes/bowling balls in plain view. Can you see the welcome mat at the front door? Although it doesn't have the words, "WELCOME" printed on it, it's out. We heartily welcome all visitors to North Texas.