Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Counting Calories

"Sweet" is pretty much a one-word summary of the month of September. I really enjoy baking, so I had a lot of fun making the three Smithlings' favorite treats for their respective birthday celebrations. Eating the fruits of my labor was pretty fun, too!!!

I probably should not have done the calculations and added up the numbers of the calories that have been ingested over the past few weeks, but I did. Oh, my! I was shocked.

Liesey's Snickers/Hot Fudge cheesecake added up to 8,958 calories. It was divided 16 ways so that each serving packed 560 calories. Adding a dollop of homemade whipped cream added another 50 or 60 calories, give or take...

Millie Girl's German Chocolate Cat totaled 10,096 calories; divvied up sixteen ways for a total of 631 calories per serving. For those who added a scoop of Blue Bell ice cream at 190 calories/serving, the grand total equaled 821 calories. Anyone want seconds? 



The Birthday Boy's pumpkin pie added up to 2,240 calories or a mere 280 calories per serving. What a caloric bargain!

     8,958
   10,096 
+   2,240
  21,294 calories

Yikes!!!! It's a good thing birthday celebrations come once a year.

The birthdaze are over, the cake plate is empty, and now I'm feelin' a bit of a hangover -- over my waistband, that is.