Friday, October 28, 2011

Phone Photos

I recently got a new phone, which prompted me to download all of the photos from my old phone to my Mac. It is always amusing to see what is on my phone gallery -- I will go for months without ever really looking to see what is lurking there. There is always something interesting, that's for sure.


The following photos tell what we have been up to. Perhaps this post will fill in some of the gaping holes that this fairly neglected blog seems to have.
August 27 -- We saw MercyMe in concert before the Texas Rangers ballgame.






We had fun at the game even if we were all the way up in the nosebleed section. And we were still smiling despite the loss to Anaheim. The Rangers have been really fun to follow this season, even for those of us who are not die-hard baseball fans.

Mr. Smith has been a St. Louis Cardinals fan for as long as he can remember. As a young boy, he would tune in his transistor radio past all the static to the to hear Jack Buck call the games. I need to add that he has long been in the "the-National-League-is-better-than-the-American-League" camp; however, after living in Texas, he now has a favorite AL team. I think that the Cards will always be his favorite favorite. Let's just say that it has been an interesting World Series. My husband is a tormented, conflicted fan. The upside is that despite what happens in Game 7 tonight, he will be happy, well... sort of.




Is this really photo-worthy? I'm not sure, but it made us laugh.



Over Labor Day weekend, we headed to Waco for a visit with Mitchell and the Houston Thompsons. This summer, we endured 71 days (thankfully, not consecutive) of temperatures at 100 degrees or hotter, so it was a pleasant surprise to finally have temps in the low 80s that weekend. Ahhhh!

In Waco, we visited Heritage Homestead and got to do some fun hands-on activities and crafts.





We got to meet Pretty. I think she is smiling for the camera.


Of course, no trip to Waco is complete without a visit to the Dr. Pepper Museum.

I'm a Pepper. He's a Pepper. She's a Pepper. We're a Pepper. Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?





There are several apps on my phone for taking and/or editing photos. 



The WeCam app is fun to play with, but Millie Girl looks kinda sad about it.




Pepper likes eating apples. What an unusual little beast!

Bartholomew found himself on the wrong side of the wine grotto door and could not figure out how to shoehorn his portly form through the bars. Isn't that a pathetic face?


It's apple butter season! We found a nearby orchard to buy apples from, but were puzzled by the box. Texas apples = California Tomatoes? We now have a pantry well-stocked with homemade apple butter and apple sauce. Maybe it's really Tomato Butter, and I am the one who is confused. Whatever the stuff is called, we should be set for a couple of years!


I get to see this face every night as I get ready for bed. Bart jumps up on my sink and loudly, yet politely, requests a drink from my faucet. Never mind that he has his own pet water fountain -- complete with filtered water. 

My kitty-boy is a dork. I am a dork, too, for taking this picture of him and adding it to my blog. 

So, all of the pictures are deleted from my old phone. The new phone has an even better camera so that should be put to good use. There will undoubtedly be more silly cat poses to capture. And who knows what else my new phone's camera will shoot?  We'll see...