Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Candyfest

Jemima thought she heard something mentioned about treats, so she was eager to look over the goody basket to see if there were any Temptations hiding in there for her. She was tricked. There were no cat treats. Sadly, she only found chocolate, eyeball gumballs, Capri Sun fruit drinks, and Silly Putty.   

I thought our house was adequately stocked with treats; however, we ran out of goodies in two and a half hours. Thankfully, there were no more visitors after 8 o'clock. Last year, we only had a handful of visitors, but this year there was a steady stream. 

We had mostly really young children show up at our door, so the Capri Suns were the hottest item going. For some reason, moms prefer to have their lil' ones receive 100% juice instead of 100% sugar-laden candy bars! I think I handed out 24 containers of juice. Next year, I will definitely stock up on more juice.

Here are a few of the characters that we saw tonight:
The Harris Family
I never knew that we had superheroes living right next door, until tonight. We just thought they were super neighborly.


 Twinsies!

 Princess Ellie
 Mackenzie, Lexie, and Brenton
 The "Other Smiths" paid the Smiths a visit.
 Claire (the birthday girl), Becca, Lauren, and Aubrey
 These 8th grade girlies were out begging for candy tonight.
This was my favorite thing that my daughter was given; however, she'll likely use the money to buy candy. Ha!
This is what Millie's candy haul looked like. 

For a brief moment, I had felt relief that we had given away all of our sugar-laden goodies. The temptation to indulge was gone. But now, it's back!!! I hope my daughter hides her candy from me... especially the Reese's.