Sunday, October 28, 2012

Masquerade Party

Millie and three angelic friends (Taylor, Alyssa, and Bailey) hosted a costume party. They set their guest list, planned, organized, worked within a budget, shopped for supplies and food, decorated, and pulled off a very fun gathering. They needed a just a little parental input along the way, but all in all, these girls did a fantastic job! 

The foursome purchased matching costumes; however, I had to make a minor alteration to my daughter's costume by adding straps. Something about allowing my fourteen-year-old girlie to don a strapless dress at a junior high party bugged me. Yep, I am just living up to my conservative reputation. :-P


Mr. Smith and I were asked to help chaperone the social function, along with three other parents, so we kept things at a manageable level. Of course, I HAD to take along my camera to snap photos, much to my daughter's dismay. Some day, she'll be glad that I took soooo many pictures of her childhood. I think!

 Millie and a Makenna Rabbit

The party was held at the Hidden Lakes Clubhouse in Keller. It was the perfect setting, except that the venue seemed to have an arachnid infestation. Now that's a big, hairy spider! I think we should've called an exterminator...Eeeek!
 Some of the partygoers created fantastic homemade costumes.

 All smiles -- well, four out of five ain't bad.
How can it not be a fun party when toilet paper is involved?
Some of the attendees had to leave before we had an opportunity to get a group shot. There were just over thirty junior high kids at the gathering. What a great group of teenagers!


You girls are always doing such heavenly things. Where do you hide your halos and wings?
Oh! I see 'em!