Saturday, April 19, 2014

Nonagenarian Celebration

My daddy is ninety! 

Birthday celebrants should be honored -- especially when they become a nonagenarian. Yes, I had to Google that term. I knew that someone in their eighties was called an octogenarian, but had no clue what terminology was used for a ninety-year-olds. Now you know, too.

My sister planned an amazing party for our dad. There were over 100 people in attendance, so the First Baptist Church's fellowship hall proved to be the perfect venue for the celebration.


There were two other April b-day celebrants present. Bob is a decade behind my dad, and Ruth is 39 and holding.







Old friends are near and dear. Well, they aren't OLD, they just have known each other for a long time.

This is one of the handful of "people" pictures that I snapped. I got sidetracked from taking pictures of the party attendees, as I was enjoying talking toooooo much. I saw people from my hometown whom I had not seen in thirty years, so there was a lot of catching up to do. The Thompson family members had a photo shoot prior to the party, so I didn't bother to take many pictures of the immediate family. Oh, well!
These two manned the guestbook table, quite handsomely.



A table filled with memorabilia and pictures from Dad's nine decades provided a sweet stroll down memory lane. Our middle child (the history major) especially loved seeing all of the treasures from WWII.



The uniform may not quite fit anymore, but Dad is still a handsome soldier.
 See... even his granddaughter is swooning!


Does this qualify as a photobomb of my daughters' selfie? I think so.
 These two obviously got the denim jacket/dress memo.
 Despite a helium shortage, there just HAD to be balloons.

 At the end of the day, we had one happy birthday boy.