Friday, June 27, 2014

Clubbing With My Peeps

It certainly was a long drive to get to the miniature golf course. Okay, it wasn't really that far, but I simply had to use a golf pun in my opening paragraph.

It's not an everyday kind of thing when I have the opportunity to play mini golf with my 90-year-old daddy and the rest of my family. I'm not sure I've ever played miniature golf with my dad, so this was likely a FIRST!

It's not an everyday sort of thing to be outdoors in late June, in Texas, without sweating bucket loads. Surprisingly, the temperature was in the low 80s with extremely low humidity. 

It's definitely not an everyday occurrence to hit a hole-in-one. I hit one! (Proof that women CAN drive?) I nearly had a stroke. :-P

And not every day is my birthday!!!  Thankfully. Quick math reveals that I'd be celebrating somewhere near my 19,000th birthday, if b-days were a daily thing.

Here's how the good times rolled:
 Yes, the ball went in.
My youngest knows that there are three ways to improve your golf game: take lessons, practice constantly... or start cheating. She plays the fairway.
Did you know that a golfer who says he never cheats is also a liar? There was no cheating or lying going on at this course, of course. There was an ample amount of silliness, but that is par for the course.
Thankfully, we finished putting around before it got too dark, so we avoided swinging nightclubs... 

I know. I used another really bad pun, but I just had to.

The next activity involved frozen custard, cake, candles, and singing. Oh, and presents!
Thanks to my middle child's culinary skills, the traditional b-day celebratory dessert proved to be the proverbial frosting on the cake, or rather ganache on the cake. Yum. 

This getting older business ain't so bad, after all.