Saturday, June 27, 2015

A League of My Own

Despite enjoying a much cooler than normal summer in the DFW area this summer, my birthday proved to be the exception to the exception. It was a cloudless, sunshiny, AND very warmish day. Toss in a little humidity for good measure, thanks to the (also) unusual rainy weather conditions, and we were looking for indoor activities to participate in. No sweat.

After considering several options of things to do in air conditioned comfort, we opted for bowling. Why bowling? Bowling is one of those activities that is right down our alley. (Hopefully!) And we wanted to be cool. (Literally.)

I'll spare telling you every little detail, but I managed to roll my way to a pretty decent score, despite the fact that in an alley, split happens. 

What was my score? Take my age and add 100 to it, give or take a pin.

And NO, I did not use the bumpers!
There is nothing quite like striking out for an adventure on one's birthday, but that's how we Smiths roll... (Have you had enough silly puns yet?)
I am not for sure, but I think that my bowling buddies may have let me knock down more pins than they did. I'm not saying that they threw the game, or anything like that...but at least they all spared me from the embarrassment of coming in last on "my" day of being the birthday kingpin. And best of all, I didn't need to be pulled out of the gutter when the b-day bowling was over and done with. 
It was a great birthday celebration, from start to finish. Obviously, I now have the tee shirt, so I must've "been there and done that" when it comes to achieving crazy cat lady status. I'll take that title, just as long as no one adds "old" to that string of adjectives!