Monday, August 10, 2009

School days, school daze...

I can think of three good reasons to home school -- May, June, & July! And you thought that those three reasons were named M., Liesey, and Millie! ;-)

Seriously, I can think of LOTS of other reasons to home school other than a L-O-N-G summer vacation.

It's August. The textbooks have all arrived. It's hot, hot, hot, soooo it's time to start school. That also means it's time for Smith Christian Academy to smile for the camera. Of course, we have to take the "traditional" back to school poses. My all-time favorite? The "on-the-floor" shot.



What's so funny?


Our 6th, 10th, & 12th grade students
Ages: 10, 14, and 16


Will Rogers once said, "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Too true...
I am always amazed at how much I relearn each year. I'm just thankful that I don't have to take all of those exams. (I do have to grade 'em!)

Here's another favorite quotation that is appropriate as we begin the school year:

"I forgot what I was taught. I only remember what I have learned." -Patrick White

My goal for this new academic year is that we all LEARN much & keep smiling as we realize just how ignorant we really are!