Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Books and SBUX

"We" have almost one week of school under our collective belts, and so far, we're off to a great start!

Last week, we took our neighbor girlie, Katie, to her school to pick up her class schedule and meet her teachers, as her mom and dad were both traveling out of town on that day. 

I laughed as I followed Millie Girl down the school corridor. I just HAD to snap a picture, even if her braided coiffure is starting to unravel. ;-)
 I can almost hear Grandma Betty saying, "Oh, she's an ANGEL!"
Yep.


The Smith girls and Katie agreed to pose for a picture outside the junior high building. "Go, Titans!"



"First Day" Photos:
 UTA classes are underway as of August 23rd.
I am not envious of my son's commute to campus. Road construction and workday commuters makes for a challenging drive. :-(

TCC classes began on August 27th.
(I just might get in trouble for posting this pic., as it was taken at 6:30 AM.)
Yawn!

Keller Middle began school on Monday morning, too.

My lil' KMS "Comanche" is ready to roll, and so am I!



As soon as the middle school drop was made, it was off to S-bucks for a cup o' joe with my friend Barb. We both "needed" a drink, and sadly, Peet's is toooo far away. The coffee was good, but uninterrupted conversation was the frosting on the cake -- or the foam on the latte?


Cheers! 
We toasted our roasted brews (decaffeinated, of course) to a great year. 
There are only 179 more mornings to get my middle-schooler to school on time... 

I'm thinkin' we're probably going to need another coffee break thrown in here and there to make it through the school year. :-)