Saturday, August 18, 2012

Singin' and Dancin' in the Rain

It's true. Everything IS bigger in Texas. 

Despite what this may look like, this isn't a heavy rainfall. By Lone Star standards, this is merely a light sprinkle. :-)
I cannot tell a lie. We experienced a gully-washer and a toad-strangler all rolled up into one incredibly wet package. We ended up with just over 5 inches in the rain gauge after just a few hours. The rainfall offered welcome relief after a long, hot, and dry summer, and it provided an opportunity for fun.

 Our little neighbor girlies were singing, dancing, splashing, and laughing in the rain.



Even this really big kid didn't have enough sense to come in from the rain. Although I didn't witness it with my own eyes, I'm pretty sure he was out there bustin' a move in the moisture condensed from the atmosphere that falls visibly in separate drops. Or maybe that was singing I heard... Or maybe both. One thing's for sure, he's all wet!