Saturday, October 19, 2013

That Face!

When #3 Smithling was much younger, she would rarely smile for the camera. We have countless "pouty face" portraits. This is one of my favorite shots, as it tells the story quite well. I spy a little bit of 'tude peeking through that seemingly expressionless face. Despite being a happy-go-lucky kiddo, something about going to a portrait studio brought out a very solemn attitude in this little girl -- without fail.

Now that Millie Girl is all grown up, she smiles all the time.

This weekend brought yet another opportunity to take pictures. Heck, in our family, EVERY day is a reason to take pictures! (Okay, so I enjoy using my camera.) No, we did not venture to a portrait studio.

On Saturday night, Keller High School's homecoming week ended with a semi-formal dance at a nearby hotel ballroom, so naturally I wanted to take photos of my girlie.

After Millie was all ready for her first high school dance, I made her pose for me with "that face" that she used to make. She knew EXACTLY which one I meant, too.
She's still got it.

After that request was satisfied, I let her turn the smile on.








We stopped and picked up one friend.

 We added one more...

 ...and yet another.

These lovelies are all dressed up with someplace to go!