Wednesday, October 2, 2013

This Girl's Got Wheel Power!



My youngest just got her hands on her learner's permit! Training wheels?
I'm likely going to be taken for a ride. In Texas, student drivers can get behind the wheel (when accompanied by a licensed driver aged 21 or older) as soon as they turn 15, provided that they have successfully completed the classroom portion of driver's education. Millie and her friend Mak were enrolled in a driver's ed program this summer. They passed with flying colors. The fifteenth b-day recently occurred, so now the behind-the-wheel segment of learning to drive can officially commence. We're ready to roll. YIKES!!!!!!
I'll be keeping my sense of humor about me as we navigate the backroads/streets/freeways/toll roads of the DFW Metroplex. Learning to drive here is akin to baptism by fire. You get tossed in and hope you survive. 

I'm sure I'll throw some bad puns in the direction of my student driver to keep things light. I'll probably tell her stuff like, "I couldn't figure out how to fasten my seatbelt. Then it clicked." Or I'll remind her that driving on too many turnpikes can really take its toll...

I'm ready.

Let's do this!