Thursday, October 31, 2013

All Treats

What do you call a skeleton who won't work?
Lazy bones!

What is a witch's favorite subject in school?
Spelling.

What is a mummy's favorite genre of music?
"Wrap" music, of course.

Do you know why we didn't have any candy leftover at our house at the end of the night?
Everyone who came to our house was a goblin... Duh!

Had enough tricks? On to the treats:


 I purchased spooky caramel apples for my Smithlings. It turned out that the coating wasn't really caramel, as advertised; it was more of a white chocolate. Cute, nonetheless.


Our sweet neighbor girlie turned 11 on the 31st. After school, I invited her over. We gave her a gift bag filled with 11 gifts for an eleven-year-old. She loved it! I just hope that she never gets too old to hop over the backyard fence to come for a visit.


Our "Heros in a half-shell" neighbors were our first front door visitors. 
Donatello and Leonardo display their adorable turtle power!

Geek alert!!!! My daughter is a nerd.
The two friends she went out trick-or-treating with were also nerds. 
Best of all, they didn't coordinate being white and nerdy
It just happened. Naturally.
They were adorable nerds.
I'm beginning to think that our grown-up neighbors have as much fun dressing up as the little ones do. Maybe even MORE fun?! Love it!
We had a fire in the front courtyard, which was reminiscent of our California cul-de-sac firepit gatherings. Sigh!


Yes, the black-eyed Ps came for a visit. No autographs, please.

It's a proven fact that two, two-year-old "Ariels" are more fun than one.
These two look very tired. My camera was also getting tired by the end of the night, as my images are a bit out of focus. Oh, well!

I didn't "document" all of all of our trick-or-treaters by taking pictures of them, but I am guessing that we had well over thirty visitors. I handed out over 35 full-sized candy bars, 18 Capri Suns, a dozen Play-Doh containers, and a few other treats. The real treat was getting to visit with our spooktacular neighbors! Boo.