Saturday, February 14, 2015

Feeling the Love


Valentine's Day looked pretty lovely at our house. 

I always try to do seasonal chalkboard art. This one was simple, but the message is sweet... Awwww.

My sweet neighbor girlie has a "Cookie of the Month" club, so I had to buy February's extra-special, extra-soft, heart-shaped, extra-sugary, sugar cookies. Never mind the gluten and all that sugar. That girl can bake! And with free, home delivery, I couldn't let this deal pass by.

Jemima is posing with our collection of decorative Valentine's Day boxes. These relics are from homeschool parties from a realllly long time ago -- back when we used to have contests for the best decorated box. I'm sure there's at least one winner in the mix. I just didn't have the heart to toss them in the trash. I'm a sentimental fool... I wish that I would have kept some of the V-day boxes that my mother made for me when I was in elementary school. There were some classic ones. I was always very proud to "show off" her creativity.
Bart has his own V-day box and a purrty pink ribbon 'round his neck. As you can imagine, this was not his idea.

I cannot believe that a pair of Bart and Jemima's Instagram kitty friends sent them a card and cat toys for the special day. Riley and Eli are two classy cats from Atlanta. 

My husband and I did not exchange v-day cards, but my cats are receiving messages of love (and gifts) from their friends. Wow. Is this a crazy world, or what?!
Our youngest went shopping to get her baseball playing beau a bear. Meet Bearron the Bear. Kinda catchy... considering B's last name is Barron. And he's a catcher; B's a catcher, that is, not the bear! And B's got quite a catch when it comes to girlfriends, in my humble and oh, so honest opinion. :-)