Thursday, December 18, 2008

The gift of health

All I want for Christmas is to breathe again...

Thankfully, I am on the road to recovery now that my allergist prescribed sooo many wonderful meds. I have a decongestant, prednisone, codeine-laced cough syrup (so Mr. Smith can sleep!), and an antibiotic to help me with my allergy/asthma/almost-pneumonia symptoms. Oh, I almost forgot about the addition of the sinus rinse (Don't ask!) to my usual daily routine of Asthmanex and Rhinocort. I'm a walking pharmacy, it seems. I am feeling better, and I can now breathe without too much coughing, sneezing, and wheezing. It must be Christmastime! I always get sick at this time of the year thanks to my old friend mold. This is day three of the antibiotic treatment, so I am starting to feel better, and my low-grade fever is gone. Hooray!


It took a team effort, but we finally got the Christmas cards addressed and sent. Hey! It's still a week before Christmas. We have a little more shopping to do, and we still need to plan our dinner menu for Christmas Day. M suggested hamburgers served on the good china. Hmmmm. I don't think we'll do that. All of the Smithlings agree that they do not want to see any more ham or turkey until well into 2009. Sounds like beef or chicken will be on the menu. Any suggestions? No "moldy" foods will be allowed, so the following are off the list:
  • cheese
  • mushrooms
  • foods made with yeast
  • sour cream
  • buttermilk
  • beer
  • wine
  • potatoes
  • soy sauce
  • vinegar
  • sauerkraut
  • nuts
  • pickled or smoked meats and fish
  • dried fruits
  • raw vegetables and fruits
As you can see, my options are limited, but if you have any good ideas, please share them!