Friday, December 19, 2008

"Holiday" Party

So I probably shouldn't even get started on the fact that in order to be "PC," one cannot call a Christmas party a Christmas party anymore. That irritates me. Grrrrr... I thought parties were supposed to be fun and make people happy. When and how did "Christmas" become offensive? Also, when I am shopping and the clerk tells me to have a happy holiday, it actually aggravates me. I make sure I tell them to have a merry CHRISTmas. (Emphasis on the Christ part...) And what about all of those "holiday" trees? Perhaps the traditional Carol should be rewritten as: "O holiday tree, O holiday tree, thy leaves are green forever..." See, I shouldn't have gotten started. Would a "Bah, humbug!" be appropriate here? :-)


Okay, back to the party part -- the "holiday" party, that is. We attended Mr. Smith's company party last night. It was held at the Sutter Club in downtown Sacramento, and it was a nice evening, despite the name assigned to the party. A surf and turf dinner was served -- yum! My health is still not 100%, but I wanted to be there for Mr. Smith, so I put a little extra make-up and took my meds before leaving. It all worked out okay. We pretty much did the "eat and run" approach, so we were home well before 10 p.m.


We got home and took a few photos with the Mac's webcam, so the quality is not that great. Despite the low resolution, the pictures are silly, so I decided to post 'em. And yes, that is a sugar cookie smile on my face. Who says kids are the only ones who play with their food?